Here are just a few of the reported facts about the whole situation where Tina Watson died while scuba diving, due to the actions of her newly married husband Gabe.
- The ocean floor was about 30m deep where they were diving.
- Gabe had previously done dives as deep as 45 meters.
- Gabe was a qualified rescue diver, trained and accredited in rescuing divers who had lost air, lost conciousness, were sinking etc.
- Gabe’s instructor was shocked and puzzled by Gabe’s assertion that he didn’t know how to handle the situation – he had apparently been trained in almost exactly that kind of thing.
- Gabe claims his face mask was hit by his wife and after he righted it, he saw her sinking.
- Another diver is reported as seeing him and his wife locked in a “bear hug” for some time before he headed for the surface and she sank toward the bottom.
- Gabe filed a lawsuit against his travel insurance company but withdrew it on grounds that he might “incriminate himself” in light of the Australian murder investigation.
- Gabe has been filmed removing flowers from and vandalising his late wife’s grave.
- Gabe now lives in the house he inherited from his late wife Tina with his new wife.
All very puzzling. I certainly know what I’m inclined to believe, and it probably doesn’t sit too well with his 1 year sentence he received today. Hmm. On the other hand, I don’t understand his motive. Hmm.
Edit: Okay after some more reading, I understand his motive.
I’m of the opinion that fucker is getting off very, very lightly.